INSTRUMENT UTILIZATION IDENTIFICATION IS USED TO STREAMLINE AND STANDARDIZE INSTRUMENT TRAYS TO:
- Help decrease setup time
- Saves processing costs by streamlining instrument trays
- 60% reduction in instrument tray processing costs*1
- Estimated $83,000 savings per year for just one tray*1
- Reduce costs associated with sterilizing unused instrumentation*
*Based on one pilot study. Results may vary.
1. Hensell MG, Pins J. Virtual BackTable. Reducing Cost of On-boarding. Presented at the AORN Surgical Conference and Expo 2015.
"I had no idea we were processing so much unused instrumentation."
S2 PROCEDURE PERFORMANCE technology was utilized to identify used and unused instruments in procedures across multiple surgical specialties at seven hospitals2. The savings per surgery indicated below were calculated by multiplying the average number of unused instruments identified per surgery times the average processing cost per instrument.
Average savings for a single surgery2
2. Data on file. Smith & Nephew.
Cost savings for your specific hospital is a function of the types of procedures performed, and the number of instrument trays and surgeon preference cards associated with each procedure. We would be happy to provide you with a customized analysis of your potential savings based on your procedure, tray and preference card data.